Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
East Morgan County Hospital
Registered Nurse Manager- OR
Brush, CO 80723 United States
Registered Nurse Manager
About East Morgan County Hospital
Located in the northeast Colorado community of Brush, East Morgan County Hospital is licensed by the state and certified by Medicare as a 25-bed critical-access hospital as well as a designated Level IV trauma center. The hospital features a newly remodeled 24-hour emergency department with three trauma bays, one surgery suite, one recovery room, one endoscopy room, and one outpatient surgery suite. Our commitment to innovation includes our Picture Archive Communications System, a filmless radiology system that is among the newest technological advances available. As one of the area's largest employers, East Morgan County Hospital can offer you an exceptional opportunity to provide compassionate, innovative care to this unique rural community.
About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media and is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health and recommend the following options:
* Why Banner Health?
* Banner Health Benefits
* Banner Health Careers
This position plans and provides clinical support to patients and staff. Demonstrates clinical expertise of the assigned area. Provides leadership in clinical, financial, and personnel management within the department.
* Oversees the operations of the unit to ensure smooth and efficient patient care management. Assures appropriate patient assignments to beds and staff. Completes daily rounding on patients and staff to ensure quality provision of care.
* Manages the unit to ensure patient and employee satisfaction while promoting safety and retention. Serves as a real-time resource and assists with clinical expertise for unit staff and physicians for problem-solving on patients, processes, and family issues.
* Coordinates quality initiatives and process improvements. Aligns and manages to metrics.
* Develops leadership skills among staff including communication, decision-making problem-solving/critical thinking and employee engagement. Leads the development of staff and supports career advancement opportunities. Functions as a role model and encourages staff to participate in their own development.
* Facilitates unit meetings and shared governance / leadership efforts.
* Responsible for selection, orientation, on-boarding, and retention. Demonstrates leadership through coaching, performance evaluations, corrective actions, and development opportunities to create a culture of learning.
* Assists in the development of the operational and capital budget, provides daily operational resource management including staff, supplies, and equipment, and ensures optimal productivity for the department.
Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of nursing and healthcare as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in nursing.
Requires a current RN license in state of practice. Requires BLS certification.
Must possess at least 1-2 years of clinical experience relevant to patient population. Demonstrates knowledge and skills of specialty area. Requires critical thinking, communication, influence, decision-making, analytical, and flexibility skills to make optimal decisions based on multiple variables and desired outcomes. Requires the ability to balance clinical skills with supervisory authority. Must have the ability to consider the ultimate impact of decisions on the unit. Must have the ability to practice skills according to department and professional standards and quality requirements. Requires New Leader Experience certification within one year.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
To Watch Our Video Click Here
Hours Per Week
40 hr/wk: (1.00)
Education, training, experience:
Terms & Conditions